aScribe utilizes Nd:YAG laser technology in our laser marking systems. This technology has provided customers with a wide range of services and flexibility to fulfill their requirements. Our CAD/CAM systems can reproduce nearly any image or text that can be drawn on paper.
Nd:YAG (Neodymium: Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Solid State, krypton-arc pumped, flat field lens, twin-galvanometer beam-steered marking systems.
Nd:YAG lasers produce excellent results in the following materials:
- Aluminum (Anodized Type II & Type III)
- Brass (Plain & lacquer coated)
- Ceramics (Plated & coated; IC chips)
- Optical Glass Elements
- Stainless and Surgical Steels
- Tool Steels
*Many of our customers require us to mark several components from a product family or assembly to ensure consistent quality and appearance of images and text. The assembly at the left includes both anodized aluminum and stainless steel parts marked using our industry leading machinery and processing systems.
Serial numbers are recorded and tracked using machine and pc based recording systems to prevent duplication of this important data.
The following is a short list of the infinite number of applications for laser marking
- Laser marking is the ideal process for small precision tolerance components with special handling requirements. Character heights as small as .010″.
- Elimination of “peel and stick” labels that require time-consuming and unreliable application processes.
- Create high resolution graphics and logos that enhance and differentiate product appearance
- Medical implants that require permanent tracking and identification, without compromising product integrity
- Surgical tools and instruments
- Precision scales and dials
- Military, Aerospace and semiconductor components
- Optical mounts and lens components
- Create alignment marks
- Engine parts and equipment panels
- Alphanumeric serialization: increment or decrement. Serial numbers are recorded and tracked to eliminate duplication and errors
- 1D and 2D bar code marking
- Linear, Circular and Angular Marking (4th Axis)
- Minimum Line Width: 0.003″
- Minimum Character Height: 0.010″
- Angular Resolution: 0.001°
- Positional Accuracy: 0.0005″
- Serialization: Increment and Decrement
- Full Circumferential Capability to 10″ Ø
- Stainless Steel can be engraved with a deep mark ~ .001 – .003 inch depth, or annealed by changing the focus and frequency of the marking beam to produce a dark image or mark that narrowly penetrates the substrate surface.
- aScribe’s professional staff includes experts in cylindrical marking processes. Our customers products require extremely accurate angular marks for positioning and indexing of work pieces and assemblies.
- Curved and difficult to mark surfaces are typical challenges for aScribe. Our experience and industry knowledge enable us to provide a broader range of solutions for our customer requirements. We quite often pursue projects that many of our competitors can not or will not accept.